Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Interlude # 7 - Happy Diwali

Happy Diwali friends,


It is with full heart and glowing soul that I greet you tonight. I am basking in the peace that faith affords me this night, whether the goddess visits my home or not. Truthfully, I hope she will come, whilst we slumber, prayers of reverence and hopes for guidance upon our soft lips, in the hush that falls with dusk.

Tonight is the festivals of lights, when all over the world Hindus light dias and pray for the Goddess Lakshmi will come to our house and bless us, bringing her light of wisdom, healing and love. We pray for those who have gone in darkness before us, like our Ram, king of kings, Vishnu and Krishna incarnate. We ask the Goddess to lift illness and despair from our lives as only a mother's love can.

Tonight there is nothing to write about except the tenderness with which she will cradle us, a succor to our tears, the endless mother whom we children reach out for when we fall.

I have lit the incense but my soul is aflame with scented wonder. My skin prickles as my senses realize there is more than can be seen in the room. I can feel the tension, the love, the energy and it is a blessing that I should share these moments another year with my mother sitting beside me.

I must say, for those who have faith and can sit and pray, even but for a few moments, it is a feeling that is always welcomed. To feel so full and aware - to mentally breathe in the essence of something larger than you and be humbled and feel utterly beloved is a gift I pray each of you experiences many, many times in your lifetime.

Inspir-edly,

Davi

No comments: